HCMC Conservatory of Music (HCMC-C)
The Conservatory was originally established in 1956 as the Sai Gon National School of Music. A few years later the school expanded to incorporate the teaching of drama under the name Sai Gon National School of Music and Drama. After Reunification in 1975 drama teaching was transferred to the new School of Stage Art, and the institution became known as the Ho Chi Minh National School of Music. It was renamed Ho Chi Minh City Conservatory of Music in 1981.
The Conservatory currently offers four-year Bachelor of Music programs and two-year Master of Music programs; primary, secondary and adult training programs are also available. The Conservatory is actively involved in exchanges and co-operation with sister institutions overseas with a view to improving the quality of its training and upgrading its facilities and equipment for teaching and learning.